Brown Seaweed | Sargassum Wightii
Sargassum is a genus of brown (class Phaeophyceae) macroalgae (seaweed) in the order Fucales. Numerous species are distributed throughout the temperate and tropical oceans of the world, where they generally inhabit shallow water and coral reefs, and the genus is widely known for its planktonic (free-floating) species. Most species within the class Phaeophyceae are predominantly cold-water organisms that benefit from nutrients upwelling, but the genus Sargassum appears to be an exception. Any number of the normally benthic species may take on a planktonic, often pelagic existence after being removed from reefs during rough weather; however, two species (S. natans and S. fluitans) have become holopelagic—reproducing vegetatively and never attaching to the seafloor during their lifecycles.
Nutritional value of Dried and Flaked Brown Seaweed.
Nutritional values of 100gms of Dried and Flaked Brown seaweed are as follows;
- Nitrogen – 1.0 Gms (1%)
- Phosphorus – 0.5 Gms (0.5%)
- Potassium – 10 Gms (10%)
- Calcium – 0.5 Gms (0.5%)
- Magnesium – 0.8 Gms (0.8%)
- Sulphates – 4.0 Gms (4%)
- Ferrous – 1.2 Gms
- Copper – 5.0 mg
- Manganese – 12.0 mg
- Boron – 80 mg
- Zinc – 10 mg
- Iodine – 11 mg
- Available proteins – 10 – 20 Gms
- Vitamins B-12 and C 0.6 to 0.8 mg
- Growth promoting Amino acids, Enzymes, Gibberlins, Cytokynins, Auxins etc. in Adequate amounts.
- Soak 150 Gms to 200 Gms of the product in 1 liter of water, keep it overnight (10-12 Hrs), duration may be extended in winters.
- In order to soak you may use a old muslin cloth or the bag provided with this product.
- Add 1 teaspoon of liquid dish wash, you can use Soap Nut powder also.
- Spray it on the leaves. Please spray during early morning or late evening hours
- Finely grind the product in a mixer grinder, dust it on the plant.
- To increase its effectiveness Aloe powder can be mixed with the fine powder of this product in a 5:1 ratio.
Direct soil application
- This product is also suitable for use in direct soil application, try with 30-60 grams in pots and the quantity can be increased gradually depending upon plants response.
- Large trees can be given 200 to 400 grams.